Programming Your RemoteThere are two ways to program your remote
Auto Search Method
1. Turn on the equipment that you want the remote control to operate (cable box, TV, or DVR)
2. Press the [DEVICE] button and the [OK/SEL] button simultaneously for 10 seconds. The device LED will turn on indicating that it is ready to be preprogrammed. The LED will remain on for 20 seconds. The next step must be entered with the LED on.
3. Press the [CH-] button every two seconds or keep it pressed. The remote will emit a series of Power ON/OFF code signals. Release the [CH-] button as soon as the equipment turns off.
4. Press the same [DEVICE] button to store the code. The Device LED will link twice to confirm that the code has been stored.
*If you find you cannot control some aspects of the TV with the remove (like MUTE, INPUT…) repeats steps 1 and 2 then press the [CH+] button every two seconds until the device turns off, then press the device button to store the new code.
*Before you begin, we recommend that you DOWNLOAD your remote manual by clicking on the remote photo below.
Find your device codes using the codes in your remote manual, then follow these steps:
1. Turn on the device, such as your TV, that you want the remote to operate.
2. On your remote, press the corresponding device button [TV, Cable Box, etc.] and the OK/SEL button simultaneously for three seconds. The device LED will turn on to indicate the remote is ready to be programmed.
Note: The LED will remain on for 20 seconds. The next step must be completed while it is on.
3. Point the remote control at your device and enter a code assigned to your brand. If there is more than one code for your brand, try one code at a time until your device turns off.
4. Verify that the correct code has been selected by pressing the MUTE button. Your device should turn back on. If it does, try changing the channel to verify programming was successful.
5. Press the corresponding device button to store the code. The device LED will blink twice to confirm the code has been stored.
Need more help?
Call 518-537-4835 to get technical support from a GTel Customer Service Representative.